Individuals with disabilities

Individuals who can live independently and are in receipt of a recognized disability pension, or are considered disabled for income tax purposes, are eligible to apply for subsidized housing, which is rent geared to income. If some support is needed to live, individuals may be eligible for an assisted living development in their community.


Financial assistance for home modifications that improve accessibility and promote safe and independent living.
Low-income person with a permanent disability or diminished ability, living in own home or in market rental accommodation. If you are a tenant living in market rental accommodation, your landlord will need to apply on your behalf.
Long-term housing with rent geared to income
People with disabilities who can live independently and are in receipt of a recognized disability pension or are considered disabled for income tax purposes.
  Seniors' Supportive Housing 24-hour response, light housekeeping, meals, social and recreational activities in specially modified rental homes Low-income disabled adults who need some assistance in order to continue to live independently.        
  Supportive Housing Registration Service Long-term supportive housing Homeless / at risk of homelessness, require support services to achieve successful tenancies                         
  Assisted Living Housing with supports, middle option between home care and residential care Admissions are the responsibility of local health authority. To learn more about assisted living opportunities in your community, contact your local health authority for assessment.

If any of the following also applies, there may be further programs available: