Opportunities are open to all who meet the qualifications and requirements of that particular opportunity.
On the MERX website, you can review opportunities for BC Housing under the Agencies, Crown and Private Corporations section.
BC Housing does not have a specific list of approved suppliers. We post all our public tenders on MERX. Anyone is welcome to subscribe, and download opportunities.
- Arrange to accept direct deposit for payment
- Tell us what kind of work you do
- Let us know if your organization is a social enterprise or Indigenous business
Depending on the type of work you do for us, and whether you will be working on our sites, we may ask for additional information, such as around insurance, WorkSafe or hazardous material. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about your specific requirements.
The selected supplier’s name is posted on the MERX site once the contract is awarded.
You can complete our Bid Dispute form to obtain more information if your bid wasn’t accepted or to receive clarification from BC Housing.
- Previewing documents prior to ordering to gain better insight into the scope of the tender
- Ordering of tender documents from anywhere, and at anytime with a variety of delivery options: download, email and fax
- Alerts about new housing opportunities
- Alerts about amendments and cancellations
- Online submission of bids reducing the risk of late or non-compliant bids and allowing housing providers more time to prepare their submissions
- A detailed log making it easy to reconcile placed orders and charges.
- In addition, this feature can be used to double-check that providers have received all portions of the tender documents, including amendments.
When you or your employees will have unsupervised access to any our of our sites.
Employers: refer to the Criminal Records Review Program Online Services for information regarding registration.
When you will be providing an opinion to BC Housing that we will use to make decisions.
We require a minimum $2,000,000 Comprehensive General Liability (CGL) for all suppliers who will be on our sites and who do not have project-specific insurance. Bring our Certificate of Insurance Form to your insurance agent to complete.
All suppliers who have employees who will be on site must provide a WorkSafe BC clearance letter, or a letter explaining why they are not eligible for WorkSafe BC coverage.