Rental Assistance Program (RAP)/SAFER Calculator

UPDATE: Temporary changes to the Rental Assistance Program (RAP) and Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER)

Funding for rental housing support for renters and clients of BC Housing Rental Assistance Programs, SAFER and RAP, is now available.

BC Housing has made the following temporary changes to the Rental Assistance Program (RAP) and SAFER. These changes support our new and existing clients who experience a loss of employment income due to the COVID-19 crisis.

  • Clients with reduced employment income on or after March 1, 2020 may request a short-term adjustment to their monthly benefit. The adjusted benefit amount is effective the month the decrease occurs. BC Housing must be notified within 4 months for clients to receive this benefit.
  • New RAP applicants with reduced income may have their eligibility and benefit calculation temporarily based on new, reduced income. In addition, the Emergency Care Benefit from the federal government will be considered a qualifying, employment replacement income.
  • The 12 month BC Residency requirement will also be waived for any applicants that meet all other eligibility criteria.

To request an adjustment please contact our office toll free: 1-800-257-7756 or 604-433-2218.

BC Temporary Rental Supplement Program (BC-TRS) - New Coming Soon

NOTE: The application process is under development. Information on basic eligibility will be available on BC Housing’s website soon, and the Application process will be available online in early April.

If you want to speak to someone about the BC-TRS program call:

  • Lowermainland: 778-452-2836
  • Toll Free: 1-877-757-2577

BC Temporary Rental Supplement (BC-TRS) Program - FAQs