BC Housing works with the Aboriginal Housing Management Association to support Indigenous Peoples who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Aboriginal Housing Initiatives List
In partnership with the province, the Aboriginal Housing Management Association (AHMA) oversees the management and operations of the Indigenous housing projects and affordable rental housing. Each development has its own guidelines and assists specific groups with housing.
- View a list of Indigenous Housing Developments
For more information on our housing programs, please see Housing Assistance.
Aboriginal Homeless Outreach Program
The Aboriginal Homeless Outreach Program is for the disproportionate number of status, non-status, Métis and Inuit people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Connect with an Indigenous Outreach Worker
- Learn more about the Aboriginal Homeless Outreach Program
Homeless Prevention Program
The Homeless Prevention Program targets individuals at transition points that put them at great risk of homelessness. The program provides rent supplements and support services to assist with access to housing and community-based services.
- Connect with a Homeless Prevention Program Outreach Worker
- Learn more about the Homeless Prevention Program