Find a shelter space »

Choose Your Licence Type

  1. Overview
  2. Choosing Your Classification
  3. Your CPD and Qualification Requirements
  4. Getting a Licence Amendment
  5. Licence Cancelled or Suspended


As part of your application to become a licensed residential builder, you will have to identify whether your business activities over the coming year will classify you as a general contractor, developer, building envelope renovator, or a combination of the three. This applies whether you are seeking to obtain a new licence or to renew one.

You won’t have to pay extra costs if you identify as multiple classifications when you renew your licence. However, if you change your status during the term of your licence, you will require a licence amendment. The fee for that change is $100.

Once you have successfully completed your application, the Public Registry of Residential Builders will show your chosen licence type.