BC Housing, in partnership with the City of Vancouver and Vancouver Coastal Health, will address housing and health needs through a proposed mixed-use development on city-owned land at 1636 Clark Drive and 1321-1395 East 1st Avenue in Vancouver.
Process & Engagement
There will be multiple opportunities for community input during the development application process. The proposed development is subject to a rezoning approval by Vancouver City Council and a development permit approval process. Community members will be notified by mail when the rezoning proposal will go before Council.
Pre-application Open House - April 23, 2018
A pre-application open house was held on April 23 at Vancouver Community College Broadway Campus. Representatives from the City of Vancouver, BC Housing, and Vancouver Coastal Health were on-hand to present information and answer questions. Poster boards from the meeting are available below:
About the Project
The proposed state-of-the-art development is a response to the need for long-term affordable housing, and will include community-centred addictions programs and social enterprise/jobs programs.
- Approximately 60-100 units of affordable rental housing for low to moderate income households to be operated by a non-profit housing provider.
- Specialized health centre providing addictions treatment programs including on-site and out-patient withdrawal management.
- Approximately 20 new beds of short-term transitional housing for clients who have completed treatment.
- City-owned social enterprise program space focusing on Indigenous healing and wellness through employment.
- Academic teaching, research and learning hub to support staff development and knowledge sharing.
- Culturally appropriate services intended to meet the cultural and healing needs of Indigenous community members.
Read more in the East 1st and Clark - Newsletter
VANCOUVER – The Province is working with the City of Vancouver and Vancouver Coastal Health to build approximately 100 affordable rental homes, as well as a new withdrawal management centre for people seeking treatment for addictions.
For more information on this project, please email email@example.com