As part of the biggest investment in housing affordability in BC history, $1.9 billion over 10 years, the Province, through the Building BC: Community Housing Fund will be issuing a 2nd notice of funding spring 2020.
The Province recognizes there is an urgent need to create more options for those struggling to find suitable, adequate, and reasonably priced accommodation. Together with our housing partners, we’re developing affordable rental homes for middle and low-income families, independent seniors and individuals in BC.
Learn more about the program: Community Housing Fund program
Request for proposals
The first Request for Proposals (RFP# 1070-1819/016) for new rental housing units under the Building BC: Community Housing Fund (CHF) was issued April 18, 2018 and closed on September 17, 2018.
Project proposals for the initial RFP will be evaluated and approval decisions made by November 2018. Approved buildings should be completed in approximately 18-24 months from the start of construction.
Project proposals must reflect the following mix of rents and incomes within a single building:
- 30% Affordable housing (moderate income)
- 50% Rent geared to income (housing income limit)
- 20% Deep subsidy
New projects can be combined with an existing mixed-use site or existing housing if the new project is a separate and independently operating rental housing development (e.g. separate legal parcels or separate financial operations).
The Province, through the Building BC: Community Housing Fund will be issuing a 2nd notice of funding spring 2020.
Non-profit housing providers or for-profit firms that partner with non-profit societies who are interested in developing and operating new rental units that qualify under the Community Housing Fund. Details on requirements and deliverables, the proposal review process, submission requisites and forms, and the CHF program can be found in the RFP document and appendices below.
- Community Housing Fund - Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix A: Submission Form
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix B: Information Links
- Community Housing Fund - Addendum Four - Updated Links for Appendix B
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix C: Capital Budget Template
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix D: Operating Budget Template (updated August 2018)
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix E: Organization Structure
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix G: RGI Rent Estimation (updated) . This document replaces Appendix G found in the Community Housing Fund Request for Proposals document.
RFP issued: Spring , 2020
Submission deadline: TBD
May 29 Webinar
A recording of the May 29 webinar explaining the CHF program and the RFP process is now available.
Please contact Michael Lachocki at email@example.com