The Building BC: Community Housing Fund facilitates the development of mixed income, affordable rental housing projects for independent families and seniors.
The Province recognizes there is an urgent need to create more options for those who are struggling to find suitable, adequate, and reasonably priced rental accommodation. This new investment under the Building BC: Community Housing Fund (Budget 2018) will address gaps in the market, creating homes for growing families, and seniors.
Learn more about the program: Community Housing Fund program
Request for proposals
The first Request for Proposals (RFP# 1070-1819/016) for new rental housing units under the Building BC: Community Housing Fund (CHF) was issued April 18, 2018 and closed on September 17, 2018.
Project proposals for the initial RFP will be evaluated and approval decisions made by November 2018. Approved buildings should be completed in approximately 18-24 months from the start of construction.
Project proposals must reflect the following mix of rents and incomes within a single building:
- 30% Affordable housing (moderate income)
- 50% Rent geared to income (housing income limit)
- 20% Deep subsidy
New projects can be combined with an existing mixed-use site or existing housing if the new project is a separate and independently operating rental housing development (e.g. separate legal parcels or separate financial operations).
Non-profit housing providers or for-profit firms that partner with non-profit societies who are interested in developing and operating new rental units that qualify under the Community Housing Fund. Details on requirements and deliverables, the proposal review process, submission requisites and forms, and the CHF program can be found in the RFP document and appendices below.
- Community Housing Fund - Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix A: Submission Form
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix B: Information Links
- Community Housing Fund - Addendum Four - Updated Links for Appendix B
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix C: Capital Budget Template
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix D: Operating Budget Template (updated August 2018)
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix E: Organization Structure
- Community Housing Fund - Appendix G: RGI Rent Estimation (updated) . This document replaces Appendix G found in the Community Housing Fund Request for Proposals document.
RFP issued: April 18, 2018
Webinar: May 29, 2018 (see information below)
Submission deadline: 2 pm PT on September 17, 2018
May 29 Webinar
A recording of the May 29 webinar explaining the CHF program and the RFP process is now available.
Please contact Michael Lachocki at firstname.lastname@example.org