The Building BC: Indigenous Housing Fund facilitates the building and operation of 1,750 units of social housing for Indigenous people in B.C.
Through the Indigenous Housing Fund, the Government will invest $550 million over the next 10 years to build and operate 1,750 new units of social housing both on- and off-reserve. This is the first provincial fund in the country that includes on-reserve housing.
Learn more about the program: Indigenous Housing Fund program
Request for Proposals
The first Request for Proposals (RFP# 1070-1819/14) for new rental housing units under the Building BC: Indigenous Housing Fund was issued June 18, 2018 and closes at 2 pm PST on October 5, 2018.
Who should submit a project proposal?
- Indigenous non-profit housing providers;
- First Nations;
- Metis Nation BC;
- and non-profit and for-profit developers;
who want to partner with Indigenous organizations and First Nations interested in creating new affordable rental housing units for Indigenous persons within British Columbia should consider submitting a proposal.
Details on requirements and deliverables, the proposal review process, submission requisites and forms, and the Indigenous Housing Fund program can be found in the RFP document and appendices below.
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Request for Proposals
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Appendix A: Submission Form
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Appendix C: Capital Budget Template
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Appendix D: Operating Budget Template (updated August 2018)
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Appendix E: Organization Structure
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Appendix F-1: Sample Section 219 (operating agreement administered by BC Housing)
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Appendix F-2: Sample Section 219 (operating agreement administered by AHMA)
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Appendix G: Sample Agreement
- Indigenous Housing Fund - Addendum Three - FAQs
Indigenous Housing Fund - Webinar
A webinar explaining the Indigenous Housing Fund program is now available.
RFP issued: June 18, 2018
Submission deadline: 2 pm PST on October 5, 2018
A pre-recorded webinar will be available for viewing after July 12, 2018. The link will be posted on this page and included as an addendum in MERX.
Please contact Mike Lachocki at firstname.lastname@example.org.