NEW: BC Temporary Rental Supplement (BC-TRS) program is now open. For program details and the online application: BC-TRS

Find an Aboriginal Homeless Outreach Worker

Connect with an outreach worker through one of our services providers.

For homeless Indigenous people living off-reserve in Vancouver, Victoria, Surrey, Kamloops, Kelowna, Prince George, Duncan, Dawson Creek, Fort St. John.

Learn more about the Aboriginal Homeless Outreach Program.

Community Service Provider Phone
Vancouver Vancouver Aboriginal Transformative Justice Services 604-251-7200
Victoria Victoria Native Friendship Centre 250-384-3211
Surrey Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Centre Association 604-595-1170
Kamloops Kamloops Native Housing Society 250-374-1728
Kelowna Ki-Low-Na Friendship Society 250-763-4905
Prince George Prince George Native Friendship Centre 250-563-1982
Duncan Hiiye'yu Lelum (House of Friendship) 250-748-2242
Dawson Creek Dawson Creek Native Housing Society 250-782-1598
Fort St. John Fort St. John Friendship Society 250-785-8566
Courtenay Wachiay Friendship Centre Society 250-338-7793

*The Aboriginal Homeless Outreach Program targets communities with a high Indigenous homeless population where there are identified gaps in support services. Information from the Comprehensive Needs and Capacity Assessment of Aboriginal Housing in British Columbia was used to help determine which communities would benefit most from Indigenous outreach services.

What kind of help can I get?

Your outreach worker will start the process of addressing immediate physical and safety needs:

  • Food, warm clothing and a place to stay.
  • Connecting you with housing and income support, including making and accompanying you to appointments.
  • Providing links to culturally appropriate services and other support services, such as life skills training, personal health, household and financial management; and/or acting as a landlord liaison.