Existing Canada-BC Housing Benefit Recipients

Information for clients who receive a Canada-BC Housing Benefit payment from BC Housing.

Do I need to submit a renewal form every year?

Yes. To keep getting the Canada-BC Housing Benefit you must submit a renewal form. You must complete the renewal form before the last Housing Benefit month each year.

 BC Housing will mail your renewal form three months before it is due.

This form and supporting documents will determine if you are still eligible for the Housing Benefit. The benefit amount is recalculated every year.

Report changes once you start receiving benefits

You must inform BC Housing within 30 days if:

  • You move to a different address;
  • Your rent increases;
  • The number of people in your household changes;
  • You start or stop sharing your home with adults (roommates);
  • Your bank direct deposit information changes.

By providing this information promptly, we can adjust your Housing Benefit to ensure you get the correct payment. Contact us: 604-439-4167 or Toll-free in BC: 1-800-257-7756

Submitting Documents 

To submit documents to BC Housing, use the return envelope sent with your annual renewal form. Or send documents in one of the following ways: 

  • Scan and upload: using our Program Upload Form 
  • In person: bring your application package to the nearest BC Housing office 
  • By mail: Canada-BC Housing Benefit, BC Housing, 101-4555 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 4V8 

Please do not include any original documents. Use photocopies. 

Important: Do not submit documents to BC Housing if you are receiving the CBCHB from another provider. All documents should go to the provider who is issuing your benefit.

T5007 Tax Forms

Under the Income Tax Act, Housing Benefits paid under CBCHB are Social Assistance. Recipients who receive more than $500.00 in benefits during a tax year receive a T5007 Statement of Benefits. Learn about the T5007 Statement of Benefits slip.