A person may request that the Registrar review a decision with respect to the following:
- A residential builder licence
- An Owner Builder Authorization
- An owner builder request for permission to sell a new home earlier than otherwise permitted, and any conditions placed on the permission
- Issuance of a compliance order or amendment(s) to an existing compliance order
- Issuance of a monetary penalty
Requesting a review by the Registrar
A Request for Review of a decision must be made by the person who is the subject of the decision. It must be in writing and should identify the error the person believes was made or other grounds on which the review is requested.
The person may choose to complete a Registrar Request for Review Form or provide a detailed written submission for consideration. The Registrar must receive the request by fax or email no later than 30 days from receipt of the decision being reviewed. If the person sends the request by mail, the envelope must be postmarked no later than 30 days after receipt of the decision being reviewed.
Please send a request for review to:
Licensing & Consumer Services
Burnaby, BC V5H 4T8
The Registrar’s decision will be communicated in writing and will include the reasons for the decision and the person’s right to appeal that decision to the appeal board.
How can you appeal?
If you are unsatisfied or do not agree with the outcome of the Registrar’s review, you may appeal the decision to the Safety Standards Appeal Board within 30 days of receiving the Registrar’s written decision.