Find a shelter space »

Building Envelope Renovation Schedule

As a licensed residential builder, you must complete a BC Housing Building Envelope Renovation Schedule in order to perform building envelope renovations.

You need to complete the Schedule and give it to the strata corporation or owner before applying for a building permit or starting applicable building envelope renovations. You must involve a building envelope consultant in the renovation, who you also must name in the Schedule.

As a licensed residential builder classified as a building envelope renovator, you can use this Schedule as proof of licensing and warranty insurance. You need this proof in order to get a building permit from the municipality or regional district to start work on an applicable building envelope renovation. In areas where building permits are not required, you must send the completed Schedule to us before you start work on the renovation.

Please contact our Licensing & Consumer Services branch to request a Building Envelope Renovation Schedule. Call 604-646-7050 or 1-800-407-7757, or email

Completing the Schedule

The Building Envelope Renovation Schedule has several sections to complete. These include:

  • Copies of documents and reports pertaining to the appropriate sections of the Renovation Schedule (Sections 4-7)
  • Signature of the building envelope consultant
  • Signature of the licensed building envelope renovator
  • Signature of the strata corporation/owner
  • Approval for home warranty insurance coverage on the proposed building envelope renovation. The warranty provider is responsible for completing the Warranty Information portion of Section 8.

When you have completed the Schedule, you should present it, along with all the supporting documents and reports, to the municipality or regional district where you are applying for a building permit. If you are in an area that does not require a building permit, please send the Schedule, along with the supporting documents and reports, to:

BC Housing
Licensing & Consumer Services
203-4555 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 4T8

Fax: 604-646-7051

Make sure you keep the pink copy of the Schedule for your records.


On top of the fee you paid for your residential builder licence, you must pay an additional $25-per-unit licensing fee for the applicable building envelope renovation. You must remit this fee directly to us at the above address.

Please make cheques payable to BC Housing. If you wish to pay by credit card, email us at to obtain a payment form.