We are working with our partners and governments across BC to support the creation of new homes for Indigenous Peoples.
The call for IHF submissions closed October 2018. We are not accepting any RFP submissions at this time.
Who should submit a project proposal?
- Indigenous non-profit housing providers
- First Nations
- Metis Nation BC
- and non-profit and for-profit developers who want to partner with Indigenous organizations and First Nations interested in creating new affordable rental housing units for Indigenous persons
Housing Providers Responsibilities
Once operating, the housing provider will be wholly responsible for:
- Programs and services offered (if any)
- Collection of rents
- Resident relations and selection of new residents
- Building maintenance and upkeep: internal and external
- Community relations
- Capital planning
- Operating budgets