We are now accepting proposals for the BuildingBC: Indigenous Housing Fund (IHF). Submission deadline is April 30, 2024.
The Province is taking action to build homes for Indigenous people in our province. We’re working hard with our partners to make housing better in all communities. The Indigenous Housing Fund (IHF) has received funds for an additional 1,750 new homes for Indigenous people both on-and off-reserve. This additional $1.3 billion, through Budget 2023, doubles the number of IHF spaces, bringing the total to 3,500.
Request for Proposals
BC Housing is inviting Indigenous non-profit housing providers, First Nations or Indigenous governments and non-profit housing providers or private housing developers who wish to partner with Indigenous housing providers, First Nations or Indigenous governments.
Submission Deadline is April 30, 2024.
Who should submit a project proposal?
- Indigenous non-profit housing providers
- First Nations
- Indigenous Governments
- Non-profit housing providers or private housing developers partnering with Indigenous non-profit housing providers, First Nations or Indigenous governments
Housing Providers Responsibilities
Once operating, the housing provider will be wholly responsible for:
- Resident Selection
- Collection of rents
- Equitable and Non-Discriminatory Resident
- Building Maintenance and Upkeep
- Financial Management and Governance:
- Capital planning
- Annual operating budgets
- Business Continuity Plan
- Data Collection and Management
Submission requirements and RFP documents
Details on IHF program, deliverables and submission requirements can be found in the RFP document and appendices below:
- Indigenous Housing Fund RFP Overview
- Indigenous Housing Fund RFP - Appendix 2 Submission Form (fillable)
- Indigenous Housing Fund RFP - Appendix 3 Development Consultant Services Contract
- Indigenous Housing Fund RFP - Appendix 5 Relationship and Conflict Disclosure Form (fillable)
- Indigenous Housing Fund RFP - Appendix 8 Express Charge Terms
- Indigenous Housing Fund RFP - Appendix 8 Operating Sample Agreement
- Indigenous Housing Fund RFP - Appendix 8 Supplier Code of Conduct
RFP submission dates
The following is BC Housing’s estimated timeline for the procurement process:
|Summary of RFP Process and Submission Dates|
|Issue Date of RFP||November 30, 2023|
|Webinar & Submission Training||January, 2024|
|Deadline for Questions||February, 2024|
|Deadline for Issuing Addendum||March, 2024|
|Submission Deadline||April 30, 2024|
Delivery of RFP submissions
Submissions must be submitted using one of the following delivery methods:
- BC Bid Electronic Submission: Submit a Submission using BC Bid. Only pre-authorized electronic bidders registered on the BC Bid system can make an electronic Submission using the system.
- Email to BC Housing: [email protected]