The BC RAHA program is now accepting applications. BC RAHA is allocated on a first come, first served basis with priority given to complete applications. The program will close on March 31, 2023, or sooner if funds have been exhausted. Find answers to common questions about the BC-RAHA program.
What is BC-RAHA?
The BC Rebate for Accessible Home Adaptations (BC RAHA) is a rebate program. Eligible low- and moderate-income households can receive up to $17,500 in rebates to complete home adaptations. The program allows seniors and people with permanent disabilities or diminished ability to gain greater independence within their homes.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, you must be a resident of BC with limited income and assets. You or someone in your household must have a permanent disability or loss of ability. The adaptations requested must support accessibility and promote continued safe and independent living in your home.
Eligible applicants include:
- Tenants who submit a join application with their landlords
How to apply
Some adaptations need a home assessment from an occupational therapist or physical therapist.
- Home Assessment - Working with an Occupational Therapist (OT) or Physical Therapist (PT)
- Finding an occupational therapist or physical therapist (PDF)
BC RAHA frequently asked questions (FAQs)
BC RAHA factsheets
- BC RAHA Factsheet - English
- BC RAHA Factsheet - Chinese (traditional) - 概况介绍
- BC RAHA Factsheet - Persian - گزاره برگ
- BC RAHA Factsheet - Punjabi - ਤੱਥ ਸ਼ੀਟ
- BC RAHA Factsheet - Spanish - Hoja informativa
Poster resources for organizations
- BC RAHA Poster - Families - Version 01
- BC RAHA Poster - Families - Version 02
- BC RAHA Poster - Adults and Seniors - Version 01
- BC RAHA Poster - Adults and Seniors - Version 02
- BC RAHA Poster - Adults and Seniors - Version 03
- BC RAHA Poster - Adults and Seniors - Version 04
- BC RAHA Poster - Adults and Seniors - Version 05