Find a shelter space »

Licensing & Consumer Services

The portals and public registries will experience an outage on Wednesday, April 19 from 5:30 pm to 10:00 pm for scheduled maintenance.

Research reports and publications can now be found in the Research Centre under Technical Research.

Builder Licensing

Discover how to get, maintain and renew a residential builder licence. Learn more about new home registrations, home warranty insurance and providers.

New Homes

Make better decisions when buying a new home. Use our registries and portals to check for potential issues, and learn about home warranty insurance coverage and claims.

Owner Builder

Find out what it means to be an owner builder, the steps you need to follow to become one — including how to take the exam — plus how to buy or sell an owner-built home.


Browse our comprehensive guide to the Homeowner Protection Act and Regulations. Search our registry of enforcement actions or find out how to report a violation or appeal.

Education & Training

Keep up-to-date with builder licensing education needs, qualifications and core competency requirements. Learn where, when and how to take Continuing Professional Development (CPD).

Regulatory Bulletins

Our consumer guides are an invaluable resource for homeowners and builders, or if you want to understand the Homeowner Protection Act better, consult our regulatory bulletins.

Latest Updates

Fri Mar 31 22:19:00 UTC 2017

New video update B.C. Enhanced Licensing System

Watch Wendy Acheson’s keynote address during CHBA BC’s Super Builders’ Week 2017.

Thu Dec 08 20:53:54 UTC 2016

New name for the Homeowner Protection Office

We've changed our name to Licensing and Consumer Services.