The deadline for the 2023 Garden Fund has now passed. We will start accepting applications for the 2024 fund on January 15.
Learn how you can help support tenants with the benefits of a garden. Apply for funding through BC Housing’s Garden Fund.
|Garden Grant - Program Overview|
|Who can apply:||BC Housing’s non-profit housing partners|
|How to use funding:||to build gardens and start garden programs|
|Funding available:||start-up funding up to $3,000|
|Eligible housing:||all types of housing in BC|
|Eligible regions:||all regions in BC|
The Garden Fund provides start-up funding of up to $3,000 to BC Housing non-profit housing partners to build gardens and start garden programs at their buildings.
In addition, Garden Fund recipients will have access to phone support from BC Housing’s People, Plants, and Homes team for their first growing season.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2023
Recipients announced: April 1, 2023
Who will review and select the Garden Fund grant recipient?
A volunteer committee of BC Housing staff will evaluate applications and decide who will receive funding.
The committee will review and ensure that:
- You have a plan and/or funding to maintain your garden after the first season
- You have a realistic budget for your project
- You have approval to build a garden from the landowner or management team
- The scope of your project is doable
- You have a plan in place to engage residents in the project
Responsibilities of non-profit providers once selected for the grant
Reward recipients will be asked to:
- Provide BC Housing with stories, feedback and photos of their project
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding and return unused funds
- Provide BC Housing with receipt of money spent
- Participate in an online event at the end of the season to share your success stories with other funding recipients
Unsure where to start? Explore our Garden Guide below to find ideas, suggestions and inspiration.