This program helps families living in subsidized housing or registered for the Rental Assistance Program in the Capital Regional District learn financial self-sufficiency
What you’ll learn
You’ll work one-on-one with a family advisor to:
- Set realistic financial goals
- Build your savings or reduce your debt
- Set budgets
- Increase your employment opportunities
- Continue your education
- Build your community
You’re eligible if you:
- Have at least one dependent child
- Have a before-tax annual income of:
- $46,000 if you’re living in a two-bedroom home
- $64,000 if you’re living in a three-bedroom home
- $71,500 if you’re living in a four-bedroom home
- Live in subsidized housing and receive a BC Housing subsidy
You must be willing to attend regular meetings, work with an advisor and achieve the goals you set in partnership with your advisor.
How to apply
To apply, please call 604-433-1711 or email email@example.com.
The Family Self Sufficiency Program is run by the Burnside Gorge Community Association. Funding is provided by BC Housing, United Way of Greater Victoria, the Vancity Community Foundation, Capital Region Housing Corporation and the Victoria Women in Need Community Cooperative.