Find out if your property is permitted for the BC Rebate for Accessible Home Adaptations program (BC RAHA).
The BC RAHA program is anticipated to close at the end of January and new applications will no longer be accepted after January 31, 2022 for this funding year. BC RAHA is allocated on a first come first served basis with priority given to complete applications, and receipt of your application by BC RAHA does not guarantee funding. Program details and application information for the new funding year will be available on the BC Housing website in April 2022.
Eligible properties under the BC RAHA program
Eligible properties can be anywhere in BC, including Indigenous communities:
- A single-household house
- Legal basement suite
- A row home or townhouse
- Co-operative housing, if it is not subsidized by any level of government
- An individual unit in a strata corporation (condo) property
- An individual unit in a multiple-unit rental building
- More than one unit in a multiple-unit rental building up to a maximum of 5 units per year
Important: If your home is less than 10 years old there may home warranty insurance still in place. If so, please check with your warranty provider before making adaptations to ensure that the warranty is not voided.
Ineligible properties under the BC-RAHA program
- An entire rental building
- An entire strata corporation (condo) property
- Any housing owned, subsidized by or under agreement with any level of government. Note: Units occupied by households receiving assistance through the Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER) or the Rental Assistance programs, may be eligible.
- A hotel, motel, lodge or bed-and-breakfast accommodation
- A hospital, nursing home or residential care facility
- Student housing, including dormitories
- Company housing provided to employees
- Religious institutions or associated residences, rectories and convents
- A recreational or seasonal property
- A recreational vehicle or trailer
- Properties under construction
- Properties where foreclosure proceedings have commenced