This program gives women fleeing violence or at risk of violence priority access to BC Housing’s directly-managed housing units.
- You are a woman who is fleeing violence or at risk of violence. This includes:
- Women of any age;
- Women with or without dependent children; and
- Indigenous women living off-reserve or on-reserve.
- A service provider who knows your situation can verify your information. Suitable service providers include:
- Staff from safe homes, transition houses or second stage housing;
- Staff from domestic violence units or victim services;
- Social workers, case managers or counsellors;
- Ministry of Children and Family Development workers; and
- Doctors, nurses or other professionals in a similar field.
- You fulfil the eligibility requirements for subsidized housing, including residency, income and assets.
- In person: at any BC Housing office in B.C.
- By mail:
- Call 604-433-2218 in Metro Vancouver or 1-800-257-7756 toll-free to have the form mailed to you.
- Complete the online request form to have the Supplemental Application form mailed to you.
- Ask your third-party verifier to complete the form. You also can ask a service provider to assist you with your application and act as your third-party verifier.
- Your third-party verifier must be familiar with your current housing circumstance and/or health situation and housing needs.
- Either you or your third-party verifier can submit the form by mail or fax to:
The Housing Registry
101–4555 Kingsway, Burnaby V5H 4V8
After You Apply
- In person: Bring your application package to a BC Housing office.
- By mail: Write a letter with your name, file number and any new information to: Housing Registry, BC Housing, 101-4555 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4V8
- By fax: 604-439-4729