The BC Housing social media accounts are intended to provide a place for users to learn more about the work that BC Housing does and to help BC Housing engage with their audience. All comments, visuals, videos and other types of material posted by users on this site do not represent the views of BC Housing, its employees or affiliates.
BC Housing reserves the right to delete or remove any submissions that:
- Contain personal information
- Express abusive, obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive, indecent, racist, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or threatening messages
- Make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organizations
- Contain spam, or endorse any service or product promotion
- Solicit funding for donation to foundations, charities, or any other organization or individual
- Invades anyone’s privacy or impersonates anyone or falsely claims to represent a person or an organization
- Are unrelated
- Are posted without the necessary rights, licenses and consents
- Encourage conduct that may or would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, provincial, national or international law or regulation anywhere in the world
- Contain long embedded URLs, excessive links or contain code
- Are contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
Users may be blocked and reported to prevent further inappropriate comments.
Social Media Collection Notice
The personal information you post may be collected by BC Housing under s. 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Actfor the purposes of engaging and consulting with the public. Please be aware that any information collected may be stored and/or accessed outside of Canada on servers not belonging to BC Housing. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include any personal information including phone numbers and email addresses in the body of your comment. Please do not share personal information about others, including pictures.
If you have any questions about the collection of your personal information, please contact BC Housing’s Privacy Officer at 604-439-4123, [email protected], or 4555 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, V5H 4V8.