Find a shelter space »

How to Take CPD

  1. Overview
  2. Acceptable Training
  3. How Much CPD Must You Take?
  4. Nominees for CPD
  5. Finding Training
  6. Reporting Your CPD
  7. Keeping a CPD Record


If you are a general contractor who wants to renew a residential builder licence, you must take Continuing Professional Development (CPD) related to the residential construction industry. This applies to general contractors who build single-family homes or small residential buildings in B.C. (under Part 9 of the BC Building Code).

Here you can learn about the types of training you can take, where to take it and how to report it. Check our CPD timetable to find out when you should be taking CPD.