A collection of brand-new market rental homes in Prince George.
BC Housing, through the Affordable Rental Housing Program, is working to increase the supply of rental housing for low to middle income households across British Columbia. Located at 605 Quebec Street in Prince George, Quebec House features 36 units offered at fair market rent. Quebec House floorplans include studio, 1 and 2 bedroom homes.
Centrally located in Prince George, Quebec House is within walking distance to transit, shops and services, including Parkwood Place, as well as hospitals and clinics. Benefits include:
- Smoke-free building
- Stainless steel kitchen appliances
- Pet-friendly units (1 dog or 1 cat)
- Laundry room on every floor
- Some units include balconies or Juliet balconies
- Secured underground parking (monthly fee)
What is fair market rent?
Monthly rents at Quebec House have been set below comparable market rents in the area.
Under the Affordable Rental Housing Program, units must be rented to households with income below an established limit. Households must also demonstrate an ability to pay established market rents.
There are no subsidies available. However, some households may be eligible for assistance with their rent through other BC Housing programs, such as Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER) or Rental Assistance Program (RAP).
- Current residents of British Columbia.
- Demonstrate an ability to pay market rent.
- Annual income must be below the maximum limit based on unit size. The maximum income is based on the Low- and Moderate-Income Limits adjusted annually. Limits for 2023 are:
- Studio or 1 bedroom: $82,310
- Two bedrooms: $128,810
- Household size must not exceed maximum occupancy based on bedroom size.
- Studio: 1 person
- 1 bedroom: 2 people
- 2 bedrooms: 4 people
- Preference to those who live and/or work in Prince George
- Pass credit and reference check
- Carry tenant insurance covering possessions and protecting against liability
- Willing to sign a No Smoking Addendum and a Crime Free Addendum
How to Apply
- Download application (fillable PDF).
- Submit completed application.
- If your application is being considered, you will be contacted and provided a Supplemental Information form to complete and submit with supporting documents. Supporting documents include:
- Current and previous landlord
- Current and previous employer
- Other references
- Proof of income (for all adults age 19+ who will live in the unit)
- Copy of 2022 Income Tax Notice of Assessment. Note: 2021 only accepted until June 2023
- 3 most recent paystubs
- If approved for possible tenancy after the credit and reference checks, BC Housing will contact you to discuss unit assignment and schedule a welcome and sign-up meeting. For the sign-up meeting, please be prepared as follows:
- All adults 19 years or older who will live in the unit must attend and bring photo ID
- Bring proof of insurance for your current residence
- If you have a pet, bring proof of spay/neuter and vaccination and a photo of your pet
- Bring a blank cheque or a pre-authorized rent payment form completed by your bank to set up monthly rent and parking (if applicable) payments
- Be prepared to pay the damage deposit and pet deposit (if applicable). Payment must be by money order or signed pre-authorized rent payment form. Cash will not be accepted. Interact transfer are accepted if signing up in person at the BC Housing office
- At the sign-up meeting, you will receive information about move-in day
Features and Finishes
- In the heart of downtown, steps from stores, restaurants and services
- Vinyl Plank flooring
- Laundry rooms on each floor
- Quartz countertops
- Stainless steel appliances
- Blinds included
- Smoke free building
- 1 cat or 1 dog ($250 pet deposit)
- Secure underground parking, $40 monthly