Created by employees at one of our semi-annual meetings, our Community Connections Program gives each of us the opportunity to “give where your heart is.” Our employees support community organizations through volunteering, donations and fundraising efforts.
We focus on four pillars: children and youth, families and seniors; poverty; mental health, general health and addictions; and sustainability. The program has raised over $2.4 million for more than 250 different charities since its launch and continues to bring BC Housing employees together in the spirit of generosity.
Throughout the year and during our annual donor drive, employees may:
- Volunteer via employer-supported volunteerism
- Participate in a fundraising event at work or in the community
- Donate food, clothing, toys and household items
- Donate vacation or flex days
- Give a lump-sum donation
- Pledge ongoing payroll deductions