Building Envelope Renovation Warranty Insurance

Contact Details

Contact Name: Licensing & Consumer Services
Branch: Suite 203-4555 Kingsway
Burnaby BC V5H 4V8
Email: Send Secure Email
Phone: 604-646-7050
Toll Free Number: 1-800-407-7757
Fax: 604-646-7051
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday

  1. Overview
  2. Finding a Provider
  3. Contacting a Warranty Provider
  4. Key Information
  5. What Does Coverage Include?
  6. Exemptions


If you’re a repair contractor who wants to perform applicable building envelope renovations in B.C., you must have two key things in place before starting construction:

  • Third-party warranty insurance
  • A residential builder licence

As a licensed residential builder, you must be classified in this instance as a building envelope renovator.

Even in geographic areas that do not require building permits for applicable building envelope renovations, you must still be a licensed residential builder and have the warranty insurance in place before you can start the renovation.

These conditions apply each time you plan to carry out an applicable building envelope renovation.