If you're interested in becoming a BC Housing supplier, please familiarize yourself with our contract essentials.
Contract value thresholds
To meet trade agreement and legislative and policy requirements, we publicly advertise all purchases of goods greater than $25,000 or services greater than $100,000 on MERX and BC Bid. Please note that all public tender submissions must be made through MERX.
For purchases of goods less than $25,000 or services less than $100,000, BC Housing may invite eligible suppliers to submit quotes or bids.
How can I become an eligible supplier?
- Arrange to accept direct deposit for payment
- Tell us what kind of work you do
- Let us know if your organization is a social enterprise or Indigenous business
Depending on the type of work you do for us, and whether you will be working on our sites, we may ask:
- for proof that you hold $2,000,000 Commercial General Liability
- that you review a Hazardous Materials Inventory for a property
- that you have good standing with WorkSafe, and if required,
- that you complete a Criminal Record Clearance application.
Email email@example.com for more information about your specific requirements.
Construction contracts are a specific type of contract. They may also include supplementary general conditions. See Construction Contracts for more information.
Our Supplier Performance Program is designed to:
- Acknowledge suppliers who perform good work
- Raise awareness to underperforming suppliers
- Improve the quality of work provided to meet BC Housing standards
Our Supplier Nonconformance Report and Corrective Action Form assists to track and resolve any performance issues should they arise.