Enforcement Action: Amended Compliance OrderIssue Date: October 21, 2020
Donna Simone Marie Revet (“Revet”) and Joseph William Hewitt (“Hewitt”), contrary to sections 14(1) and 22(1) of the Homeowner Protection Act (the “Act”), commenced, or caused to have commenced, construction on two new homes in Cluculz Lake, BC (the “New Homes”), between the period of, or about, March 18, 2016, and August 12, 2019, without being a BC Housing (“BCH”) Licensed Residential Builder (“LRB”) and without each of the New Homes being registered for coverage by home warranty insurance (“HWI”) provided by a warranty provider. On August 12, 2019, Revet and Hewitt were issued Compliance Order 19-0010 (“CO”). On October 21, 2020, BCH issued Amended Compliance Order 19-0010-1 to Revet and Hewitt modifying the orders contained in the CO, and directing that Revet and Hewitt:
- Immediately cease all construction activities on the New Homes; and
- Immediately either:
- apply for and become a BCH LRB pursuant to section 14(1) of the Act, and register the New Homes for coverage by HWI provided by a warranty provider pursuant to section 22(1) of the Act;
- provide BCH Compliance Department proof that each of the New Homes is enrolled in a policy of HWI pursuant to section 22 of the Act;
- if Revet or Hewitt meets the eligibility requirements, either Revet or Hewitt may apply for, and be issued, an Owner Builder Authorization for each of the New Homes pursuant to section 20(1) of the Act and section 4.1(2) of the Homeowner Protection Act Regulation; or
- provide BCH Compliance Department with evidence that each of the New Homes no longer meets the definition of a “new home” under the Act.
Revet and Hewitt were directed to comply with Amended Compliance Order 19-0010-1 by December 18, 2020.